What is Allan’s Companions Program?
The Allan’s Companions Program is one of the special services provided by Meals-on-Wheels Senior Services of Rockwall County to decrease loneliness and social isolation by connecting homebound individuals with companionship.
The Allan’s Companions Program is to provide homebound individuals through social support with regular weekly visits and phone calls. The visiting schedule is arranged between the companion and the individual and lasts approximately 1-2 hours. Companions go through an application process and specialized training program before being matched with seniors or individuals with disabilities.
Requirements & Commitments
- At least a one-on-one weekly home visit and phone call
- Available to commit for a minimum of 6 months
- Sensitivity towards older adults and persons with disabilities
- Minimum age 21 years old
- Pass a criminal background check
- Have access to transportation and a telephone
- Copy of insurance and driver’s license
- Complete volunteer orientation, personal interview, and training
How to Become an Allan’s Companion
If you are interested in participating in this program or would like to know more information, please email email@example.com